- The 86th edition of the Masters tees off Thursday, April 7th
- Jon Rahm is the +900 favorite to slip into the green jacket
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
The year’s first major is finally upon us, and there are no shortage of storylines heading into the 86th Masters. The biggest, of course, is whether Tiger Woods will tee it up in his first official tournament since the 2020 Masters. He’s been practicing at Augusta National as he ramps up his efforts to compete, and Tiger Woods’ Masters odds are as short as +4000.
Scottie Scheffler has ascended to world #1 following a torrid stretch of three victories in five starts, and he rolls into Georgia as the second favorite to earn his first major championship. He trails only Jon Rahm, who has shorter +900 odds to claim his second major championship in as many year’s (2021 US Open). Rory McIlroy also has another shot to become just the sixth man to win the career grand slam, should he win his first major since the 2014 PGA Championship.
Only 91 players have qualified for the Masters, with J.J. Spaun the last entrant following his first career PGA Tour title at the Valero Texas Open.
2022 Masters Odds
Odds as of April 4th at DraftKings Sportsbook
Though there has been no firm commitment whether five-time Masters champion Tiger Woods will compete, that hasn’t stopped bettors plunking down cash on him. He’s been the most wagered on player entering Augusta National.
Some notable names with enticing Masters odds include Brooks Koepka at +2000, and former champion Jordan Spieth at +2200.
Brooks Koepka Lives for Majors
In twelve of his last 16 major championships, Brooks Koepka has put together a result of seventh or better. That includes his four major titles (2017 and 2018 US Opens, 2018 and 2019 PGA Championships). Though he hasn’t won at Augusta, he was T-2nd in 2019 and T-7th in 2020.
Brooks Koepka’s ranks in majors since 2016
Score to par – 1st
Birdies-or-better – 1st
Rounds in 60s – 1st
Scoring average – 1st
Rounds led/co-led – 1st
Strokes gained total – 1st
Wins – 1st
— Justin Ray (@JustinRayGolf) April 2, 2022
He also enters the tournament with a high degree of confidence, as he’s had T-3, T-5, T-12 and T-16 finishes in his last six times teeing it up (with two missed cuts). The most recent was a trip to the quarter-finals of the Dell Match Play.
With a price of +2000, you’re getting Brooks at better odds than the top-five players on the board, which is good value, given his tremendous record in the biggest events.
Get the Caesars Sportsbook Ontario Promo Code
Last Five Masters Champions
2022 Masters Best Value Picks
- Xander Schauffele (+2000): In two of the last three Masters, it very nearly was Xander Schauffele who outlasted everyone. In 2019, he wound up in a tie for second, then last year, he was right in the thick of things until an untimely triple bogey on 16 dropped him to a tie for third. In four of his last five stroke play starts, X-Man has posted a top-20. In his last twelve rounds at Augusta, he ranks second in total strokes gained.
- Tony Finau (+6500): Though he hasn’t had a stellar 2022 (though he does have top-35’s in four of his last six events), Tony Finau sports intriguing odds for a player who is very comfortable at this track. In three of his four Masters, he’s posted top-10’s, highlighted by a T-5th in 2019. In the last two times he posted those T-10’s at this championship, he didn’t have much form entering the week, yet this venue has suited his game.
- Gary Woodland (+10000): The 2019 US Open champion continues to see his name on plenty of leaderboards of late, and at this price, he’s an outstanding value selection. He was T-5th in back-to-back weeks at the Honda Classic and Bay Hill (where he led with two holes to play), then comes in with a T-8th at the Valero Texas Open. Woodland is fifth in strokes gained: approach in his last twelve rounds on tour.
The post 2022 Masters Odds and Picks appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.