- The #4 Duke Blue Devils are the -125 odds-on favorites to win the ACC Tournament title
- Duke has won the ACC Tourney 12 times since 1999
- First-round action in the tournament got underway on Tuesday
Are the #4 Duke Blue Devils going to be sending head coach Mike Krzyzewski into the sunset of retirement as ACC Tournament champions? Or will the tradition of upsets in this event yet again rear its head and topple the form charts?
One of the most anticipated events of the sports season, the ACC Tournament draws eyes to it because it’s so unpredictable. The rich tradtion of ACC basketball, coupled with the depth of talented schools within the conference, make this tourney must-see TV.
Oddsmakers are liking the Coach K storyline to play out successfully. Duke is set as a solid -125 odds-on pick to win it all. The Blue Devils are at +1200 in the NCAA Tournament odds.
2022 Big Ten Tournament Odds
Odds as of March 8th at Caesars Sportsbook. See the college basketball odds page for individual game odds.
First-round play in the ACC Tournament got underway on Tuesday. Defending champion Georgia Tech has already been eliminated. The final is set for Saturday, March 12 at 8:30pm ET. It will be broadcast by ESPN.
Last Five ACC Tournament Winners
Blue Devils the Team to Beat
Duke is 26-5 this season, including a 16-4 ACC record, as they take the next step along Coach K’s farewell tour. He’ll be looking for his 16th ACC Tournament title as coach of the Blue Devils.
Top-seeded Duke gets a double bye to start the tourney. The Blue Devils won’t see game action until Thursday. Duke is given +273 Final Four odds.
S/O to P5!! 2021-22 ACC Freshman of the Year!
— Duke Men’s Basketball (@DukeMBB) March 7, 2022
Duke is the #1 offense in the ACC, averaging 80.4 points per game. The average winning margin of 14.4 posted by the Blue Devils also is leading the conference. Without the ball, Duke shows the ACC’s best field goal (.413) and 3-point field goal (.302) defense. They also boast an ACC-best assist/turnover ratio of 1.67.
Forward Paolo Banchero, the ACC Freshman of the Year, leads Duke in scoring with 17.1 ppg. Junior forward Wendell Moore Jr (13.1 ppg) is the only other Blue Devils player among the ACC’s top-25 scorers. Sophomore center Mark Williams shares the ACC lead with 2.5 blocked shots per game. He’s the ACC Defensive Player of the Year.
Tar Heels Are Rolling
North Carolina comes into the ACC tourney on a five-game winning streak. That was punctuated by a resounding regular-season ending 94-81 rout at Duke. The #25 Tar Heels are winners of seven of eight and 11 of 13. North Carolina is listed as the #12 seed in the West Region in SBD’s NCAA Tournament bracket projections.
“Everyone a savage until they face to face with one”. – Anonymous pic.twitter.com/2E4XXBLoIC
— Armando Bacot Jr. (@iget_buckets35) March 6, 2022
Junior forward Armando Bacot Jr (12.5 per game) is the conference’s top rebounder and leads in field goal percentage (.595). Bacot also is seventh in ACC scoring with 16.6 ppg. North Carolina is the ACC’s top rebounding team (39.6 rpg).
All the Best College Basketball Sports Betting Promos for Conference Championships
Plenty of ACC Value
The beauty of betting the ACC Tournament is that a case can be made for several teams as legitimate contenders. Besides North Carolina, the Miami Hurricanes (+1000), Florida State Seminoles (+6000) and Virginia Cavaliers (+1600) also own victories over the Blue Devils this season.
Miami leads the ACC in turnover margin (4.29) and is second in assist/turnover ratio (1.45). Virginia is the ACC’s #1 defense (60.4 ppg).
— ACC Men’s Basketball (@accmbb) March 8, 2022
The Syracuse Orange can put a very balanced offense on the floor that can score with any school. They’re fourth in the ACC in scoring offense (76.7 ppg). Junior guard Joseph Girard (.407) is the top 3-point shooter in the conference. Senior guard Buddy Boeheim (19.3 ppg) is the ACC’s leading scorer.
ACC Tournament Prediction
Duke’s path to the title game looks to be fairly clear. The Blue Devils will get the Florida State-Syracuse winner in the quarterfinals and then likely Miami in the semis.
TOURNEY TIME. 🏀
🏆: https://t.co/kvjWZzXTIv pic.twitter.com/ILOzKE4qzd
— ACC Men’s Basketball (@accmbb) March 6, 2022
The other side of the bracket looks wide open. North Carolina and Notre Dame have certainly already earned their March Madness invites. Other schools like Virginia Tech and Syracuse are going to need a tourney win and the accompanying automatic bid in order to get there.
Pick: Duke Blue Devils (-125)
All Conference Tournament Previews:
- A-Sun Tournament Odds and Picks
- A-10 Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- ACC Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Schedule and Preview
- Big East Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview
- Big Sky Tournament Odds, Predictions and Preview
- Big South Conference Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Big Ten Tournament Odds, Preview, and Schedule
- Big West Tournament Odds, Picks, and Preview
- CAA Conference Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Horizon League Tournament Odds, Picks, and Bracket
- MAAC Tournament Preview, Odds, and Predictions
- MAC Tournament Picks, Preview and Odds
- MEAC Tournament Odds, Preview, Schedule and Picks
- Missouri Valley Conference Odds, Picks and Bracket
- Mountain West Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Preview and Predictions
- NEC Tournament Odds, Picks, and Preview
- Ohio Valley Conference Tournament Odds, Preview, and Picks
- Pac-12 Tournament Odds 2022: Picks and Predictions
- Patriot League Odds, Preview, Bracket and Predictions
- SEC Tournament Odds, Preview, Picks, and Schedule
- Southern Conference Tournament Odds, Preview and Picks
- Summit League Tournament Odds, Preview, and Picks
- Sun Belt Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview
- SWAC Tournament Odds, Predictions and Preview
- WAC Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Schedule and Preview
- WCC Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview
The post ACC Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Schedule and Preview: Duke Favored to Send Coach K Out a Winner appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.